Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"Hour follows hour, like water follows water."

Wow, its already Wednesday. It's already the end of February. It's already time to start rehearsing for Short by Skirts. It's already spring? No, I shouldn't say that yet, it is way too soon for Wyoming to be saying that.

It's been unseasonably warm around here recently, with some bone chilling frigid days stuck in between. We've already got spring fever and we have at least two more snow storms to get through...hell it's not even mid-semester yet. The weather, this time of year, all make me restless, things are moving and growing, and I want to be a part of it. There is something going on in the cosmos, something is changing in our world we can all feel it. This political season has been the most active one in a very long time, hell, Wyoming even gets to possibly make a difference in candidates, and that never happens!
Violence has been brewing across the nation; the country is in a place of unrest. I am restless, wanting to go, and move and spread my arms. I want to be a part of whatever is happening.

If I'm not careful, we’ll be knee deep in the end of the semester. I need to remember to focus more on the here and now. I am still getting all of my work done for school and what not, but my head is in the clouds, fantasizing the world away.

This past weekend was spent down in Denver again. There was a night of Rockband. Making grilled cheese sandwiches at 1 o’clock in the morning. Flirting with a girl. An experiment in a fabulous kitchen with all amenities, and wonderful martinis. Time spent cuddling with my favorite pug. And the reminder that good friends with the intention of having fun no matter the circumstances, turns out for a pretty awesome weekend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Grilled cheese is very tasty of all hours of the day. Yes, the weather has been...indecisive, but I feel spring coming. Yes we've continued to have snow but the snow has been melting quickly and not building up. Now if only I can get my ice rink to melt. I didn't realize you were in Shorts by Skirts. I'll try to go for sure then.

Bunny said...

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who goes nuts this time of year. Part of it's all the growing and moving, and part of it's the fact that I'm coming out of my winter funk. Soon, the weather will be gorgeous, and we'll be able to walk to class without freezing solid, and drive with our windows down! Hooray!